Dr. William J. Brown
Faculty of Medicine
Tenure 1921 - 1948
Dr. William J. Brown was born in Lindsay in 1878. He studied medicine at Trinity College and graduated in 1901. He opened a practice in Lindsay and served during WWI at Shorncliff Hospital in Folkestone, England. Upon his return, Dr. Brown established an eye, ear, and throat practice in London in 1921 and received an appointment as an instructor with the Faculty of Medicine.
In 1946, Dr. Brown was named Professor of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. He retired in 1948 and died in 1952.