Dr. Henry Meek
Faculty of Medicine
Tenure 1913 - 1920
Dr. Henry Meek was born near Fingal in 1854. At Western's Faculty of Medicine, he taught materia medica and therapeutics until becoming a full Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1913. Graduating with a silver medal from the University of Toronto, Dr. Meek practiced medicine in Port Stanley before moving to London, Ontario.
Upon the death of his wife, an endowment was given to Victoria Hospital to create a pathological laboratory for the use of the hospital and Western's Medical School. The Hamilton King Meek Laboratory was opened in 1941 and remains in use to this day.
Dr. Meek died in 1922.