Dr. George A. Ramsay
Faculty of Medicine
Tenure 1913 - 1945
Dr. George A. Ramsay was born in Harriston, Ontario in 1880. He entered Western's Medical School in 1910. Following an internship at Victoria Hospital and Presbyterian Hospital in Chicago, Dr. Ramsay returned to London and opened a practice in 1913. In 1915, Dr. Ramsay served with the No. 10 Canadian Expeditionary Force and spent four years in France and England.
In 1931, Dr. Ramsay became Acting Head of the Department of Surgery and in 1932 he became the Department Head of Orthopedic Surgery. From 1946 to 1947, Dr. Ramsay served as President of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. He was honoured with an LL.D. degree from The University of Western Ontario in 1948.
Dr. Ramsay died in 1950.