Access Code for Western Libraries
1. What do I need to borrow library materials?
- Eligibility Information for Visitors: Individuals and organizations who are engaged in legitimate research or instructional, professional, administrative activities who must have access to specialized collections for professional or job-related purposes on a short term basis may borrow library materials. Fees apply. Present your special borrower's card to staff when signing-out materials.
- Please see Application for Borrowing Privileges (Non-Western Patrons) for the fee schedule and application form.
2. What can I borrow?
- Visitors with a guest borrower's card are permitted to borrow any materials that circulate, with the exception of a small number of items that are reserved specifically to support the University’s teaching or research.
- If you are a visiting student from another Canadian university, please refer to How Do I Borrow Materials If I Am from Another Canadian University?
- For information on other services for visitors, please see the Library's page for Visitors.
3. Where can I borrow?
- Visitors with guest borrower's cards may borrow materials from any of the Western Libraries.
- Your valid guest borrower's card may be used at the Service Desk of each library and at Self Checkout machines where available.
4. How long can I keep library materials?
- A maximum of 5 checkouts is allowed. The loan period is 14 days with 1 renewal.
5. Can I renew items that I have signed out?
- Yes. Guest borrowers can renew items once.
6. Where can I return library materials?
- Regular loan and recalled items may be returned to any of the Western Libraries and Affiliated University College libraries (Brescia, Huron, King's) and St. Peter's Seminary
- Library material should be returned as soon as it is no longer needed so that it is available for use by others.