Anatomy.TV is an online anatomy reference from Primal Pictures featuring more than 6,500 interactive 3D models of the human body. Models focus on individual organs, regions of the body, or anatomical systems.
The database includes sections on regional anatomy, sports & therapy, surgery, and specialty titles such as dentistry, radiology, speech language pathology, urology, and more.
Students, faculty, and researchers can:
- Peel away layers, rotate anatomical models 360 degrees, and reconstruct layers back to their original structure
- See muscle function demonstrated in 3D with interactive animations that illustrate the interaction of muscles, ligaments, and bones
- Read text descriptions that illustrate the clinical relevance of anatomy, in English, French, Spanish, or German
- View dissection and pathology slides
- Compare 3D images to MRI slices to aid in diagnosis and management of injuries with correlating scans
- Study with guides and interactive quizzes that can be customized to question types and difficulty
- Export images, text, movies, and animations to use in presentations and patient handouts
The 3D images in Anatomy.TV are derived from medical scan data interpreted by staff anatomists, and constructed by graphic specialists using advanced imaging.
Anatomy.TV can be accessed through the Shared Library Catalogue.