Faculty

Dr. John R. Armstrong

Dr. John R. Armstrong
Faculty of Medicine

Tenure 1922 - 1948

Dr. John R. Armstrong was born in Alvinston in 1879. In 1903 he graduated from Western with an M.D. and interned at Victoria Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital. Dr. Armstrong held a practice in Oil Springs before training at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital in 1918. In 1920 he established a specialty practice. Dr. Armstrong was appointed an instructor at Western in 1922.

In 1946, Dr. Armstrong was appointed Professor of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. He performed departmental administrative duties jointly with Dr. Brown until his retirement.

Dr. Armstrong died in 1956.

Back