Faculty

Dr. George C. Hale

Dr. George C. Hale
Faculty of Medicine

Tenure 1913 - 1944

Dr. George C. Hale was born in Ottawa in 1885. He graduated from McGill with an M.D. in 1909. Interning at Montreal General Hospital for two years, Dr. Hale completed postgraduate work in London, Berlin, Munich, and Vienna.

He opened a practice in London, Ontario in 1913 and immediately began working at Western's medical school. He accepted a medical officer position in the 18th Battalion Canadian Expeditionary Force in 1915 but was injured. As a result he served as the Chief of Medicine in the Canadian Military Hospital at Taplow and Brighton during his recuperation.

Dr. Hale resumed his practice and teaching in 1920 and was promoted to full professorship in 1925. Retiring in 1944, Dr. Hale was awarded the LL.D. honorary degree from Western in 1952.

Dr. Hale died in 1963.

Back