From: London, Ontario
- BA 1982
- BEd 1983
- 1984 - Silver - Women's Coxed Four - Los Angeles
- 1992 - Gold - Women's Coxed Eight - Barcelona
- 1996 - Silver - Women's Coxed Eight - Atlanta
- 2000 - Bronze - Women's Coxed Eight - Sydney
- 2008 - Fourth - Women's Coxed Eight - Beijing
Lesley Thompson-Willie was born in Toronto, Ontario, in 1959. A Canadian rowing coxswain champion, Thompson-Willie has competed at seven Olympic games from 1980-2008, earning medals in four of them. Prior to her Olympic career, she competed at Western and helped the women's team to win the Ontario Women's Interuniversity Athletic Association championships in 1981-82, 1984-85 and 1989-90. She received the Women's Athletic Alumni award in 1996. Thompson-Willie was elected to the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame in 1994, and is one of Canada's most decorated athletes. She will compete in the 2012 Olympics in London, England.
Sport(s) played while at Western:
Rowing and gymnastics until 1983 and former track athlete.
How did you get into the sport in which you participated at an Olympic level?
After an injury during UWO gymnastics season I joined the UWO rowing team.