The University of Western Ontario Archives | Contact Us | References | Site Map
The Public Health Collection
The Institute of Public Health Fonds
The University of Western Ontario Archives
Home The Institute of Public Health Staff The Department of Public Health
The Institute of Public Health Display

The Institute of Public Health Display
Stratford Area Ploughing Match - October 1930

The Institute of Public Health Fonds

The Institute of Public Health Fonds contains textual documents and photos about The Institute of Public Health and Faculty of Public Health at The University of Western Ontario.

The Institute of Public Health began operation in 1912 and was responsible for laboratory analysis for the Provincial Board of Health in the 14 western Ontario counties. Additionally, the Institute was responsible for the instruction of students at Western University.

Although the Institute's laboratory work was transferred on October 1, 1946 to the Ontario Department of Health and the Faculty of Public Health's duties were taken over by the Faculty of Nursing, the significant role that the Institute played in The University of Western Ontario's medical history can be seen in the documents that were left behind.

 

 

Site created by Erin Fields, August 2007