Requesting Items Currently On Loan
Use the button for requestable items currently on loan.
Only Western and Affiliated University College students, faculty and staff may request (recall) books which are currently on loan.
To Place a Request (Recall):
- Search and display the item record in the Shared Library Catalogue
- Click the button
- Login to My Library Account
- Choose a pickup location from the drop down menu
- Select the specific item you need
- Click the button to complete the process.
Information about your requested item is available through My Library Account, or from staff at any service desk.
There are some situations when a request can not be placed. Please contact staff for more information.
Once a Request (Recall) is placed:
The "currently" field in the Shared Library Catalogue record will indicate the request, e.g.: DUE yr/mn/dy +1 recalled.
You will be notified when the item is available.
Once the item is ready for pickup it is held for four days only at the Service Desk of the specified pickup location.