Datastream is available for in-library use only, on a designated Bloomberg PC (Workstation 6) in the Johnston Library. This workstation can be booked.
Datastream is a global, historical Thomson Financial database that provides financial information including:
- Daily pricing and volume information on over 37,000 equities from 57 countries.
- 12,000 market stock and bond indices.
- 87,000 macroeconomic series from the International Financial Statistics of the World Bank, OECD and other central statistical offices.
- Over 2,000 daily foreign exchange rates.
- 1,000 daily and weekly interest rate series.
- 68,000 fixed income instruments from 23 countries and more than 260 financial and commodity futures and options contracts.
Business Library guides for Excel & Advance formats
- EXCEL 1 - simple search for an equity's price and volume
- EXCEL 2 - using a constituent list to gather price and volume
- EXCEL 3 - using Datastream Explorer to build a local list
- EXCEL 4 - using Datastream Advance to gather static data for a list for a specific date
- EXCEL 5 - using Datastream Advance to screen equities
- EXCEL 6 - creating and using a Local List