Datastream is available for in-library use only, on a designated Bloomberg PC (Workstation 6) in the Johnston Library. This workstation can be booked.
Example: Finding price, market value and dividend yield for a constituent list of companies - TSX composite 300 for a specific date.
1) Run Advance. Select the Category: Constituent Lists and click on the Series Navigation button..
2) Ensure that the Data Category is Constituent Lists and enter the relevant criteria.
3) Choose an appropriate list and click on the mnemonic to select.
4) Click on the tab "Summary - for a list of series" and highlight Static Data. Click on the Settings button to select datatypes.
5) Click on the dataype selection button to search for datatypes..
6) Ensure that you are searching the Data Category for Equities. Start by searching Key Datatypes. Select the datatypes by clicking on the mnemonic.
Repeat for price.
Repeat for dividend yield.
7) The dataypes are selected, click on OK to continue.
8) Adjust the Time Period to a specific date.
9) Run Now. Results display in Excel. Save to file.