Datastream - Excel
Datastream is available for in-library use only, on a designated Bloomberg PC (Workstation 6) in the Johnston Library. This workstation can be booked.
Using Datastream AFO to build a list by country and sector.
1) Run Microsoft Excel and look for the Thomson Reuters tab and select Time Series Request.
2) Click on the Find Series button.
3) Click on EXPLORE.
4) Browse to the list and click to open.
5) The company names displayed can be selected.
6) The Datastream mnemonics are selected. Change the datatype parameters as needed and run query. In this example, Price (P) and Market Value (MV) or capitalization.
7)The results are pulled into Excel.