Book a Seat, Computer, or Study Room
Things to Know Before You Book
- All visitors are required to complete a Return to Campus Questionnaire prior to visiting campus.
- Masks or face coverings and physical distancing are required at all times when visiting Western Libraries.
- Only you can access a space you’ve booked. Western identity is required for admittance.
- Study spaces and computers are limited to one person per space (no multiple person bookings).
- You can pre-book a seat before you arrive for a faster sign-in process.
- Bookings are available in 3 hour time slots, and may be extended depending on demand.
- We have seats available within our posted hours of operation.
- You can book a seat up to two weeks in advance.
- Once you’ve pre-booked or been assigned a seat at check-in, and you’re directed to that spot, you may not switch to another seat.
Please do not visit if:
- You have travelled outside Canada during the previous 14 days.
- You have symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
- Someone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Anyone in your household has been exposed to someone who has or is recovering from COVID-19.
Didn’t book ahead? Study seats are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. Our staff can book you a seat in the library when you check in if you do not arrive with a booking.
How to Book
- Select your preferred library, and any other preferences.
- Click “Show Availability”.
- Click on a green square in the calendar to select the start time of the booking.
- Use the drop-down menu to confirm the length of the booking.
- Click “Submit Times”.
- Log in with your Western Identity.
- Read the Terms and Conditions. If you agree to them, click "I agree".
- Review the booking details and click “Submit my booking”. You’ll receive an email confirming your booking.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding library services.
For questions about Western’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, visit uwo.ca/coronavirus/.