No-contact pickup of regular loan print materials is now available for all Western University and Affiliated University College faculty, students, and staff.
How to request no-contact pickup
All Western and Affiliated University College faculty, students, and staff can request regular loan print materials for pick up at Weldon Library, Brescia University College Library, Huron University College Library or King’s University College Library.
To request print materials, locate the item in Omni, the library search tool, and click “Request”. You will receive an email with instructions for picking up your item(s) within three business days.
Print items are typically loaned for 120 days with unlimited renewals. However, loaned material is eligible for recall by users and staff reserve the right to recall physical items to support course readings or critical research needs.
How it works
After placing your request using the “Request” function in Omni, the library search tool, you will receive an email with pickup instructions. Please wait until you receive this email before you come to campus. We do our best to prepare your request in a timely manner and appreciate your patience.
All visitors are required to complete a Return to Campus Questionnaire prior to coming to campus for pickup.
For no-contact pickup items at The D.B. Weldon Library:
- No-contact pickup is located on the east side of Weldon Library. From the main entrance, walk around the east side of Weldon to Renaissance Square. Look for Argo Tea window signage and an entrance labelled Door A.
- Line up outside Door A. Please observe safe physical distancing, i.e. 6 feet apart.
- Have your Western ID ready.
- Call 226-378-9863 and provide your Western ID number.
- We will confirm your account details and check the item(s) out to you.
- We will verify your Western ID from behind the glass door.
- We will place your item(s) on the pickup table.
- You may pick up your item(s) when library staff have returned inside the building.
Who is eligible?
All Western and Affiliated University College faculty, faculty emeriti, students, and staff are eligible for digital delivery and no-contact pickup.
At this time, alumni, guest and direct borrowers, and retired faculty and staff are not eligible for no-contact pickup or digital delivery services.
Please email email@example.com for questions about Western Libraries services.
For questions regarding the university’s COVID-19 policies, updates, and procedures, visit uwo.ca/coronavirus/.