No-contact pickup of regular loan print materials is now available for all Western University and Affiliated University College faculty, students, and staff.
How to request no-contact pickup
All Western and Affiliated University College faculty, students, and staff can request regular loan print materials for pick up at Weldon Library, Huron University College Library or King’s University College Library.
To request print materials, locate the item in Omni, the library search tool, and click “Request”. You will receive an email with instructions for picking up your item(s) within three business days.
Print items are typically loaned for 120 days with unlimited renewals. However, loaned material is eligible for recall by users and staff reserve the right to recall physical items to support course readings or critical research needs.
How it works
After placing your request using the “Request” function in Omni, the library search tool, you will receive an email with pickup instructions. Please wait until you receive this email before you come to campus. We do our best to prepare your request in a timely manner and appreciate your patience.
All visitors are required to complete a Return to Campus Questionnaire prior to coming to campus for pickup.
For items to pick up at The D.B. Weldon Library:
- Line up outside Door A. Door A is labelled and markers for where to stand have been provided on the ground to allow for safe physical distancing, i.e. 6 feet apart.
- Have your Western ID ready.
- Call 226-378-9863 and provide your Western ID number.
- We will confirm your account details and check the item(s) out to you.
- We will meet you at Door A and check your Western ID from behind the glass door.
- We will place your item(s) on the pickup table located outside of Door B.
- You may pick up your item(s) when we have returned inside the building.
Who is eligible?
All Western and Affiliated University College faculty, faculty emeriti, students, and staff are eligible for digital delivery and no-contact pickup.
At this time, alumni, guest and direct borrowers, and retired faculty and staff are not eligible for no-contact pickup or digital delivery services. We look forward to welcoming alumni and community visitors back to our libraries once the University declares it’s safe to move beyond the modified Phase Three status of reopening. See the return to campus plan to learn more.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding library services.
For questions about Western’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, visit uwo.ca/coronavirus/.