How do I find movies on my topic?
- Start at the Western Libraries homepage and select Catalogue Search
- Search by:
- Title - use this option when you know the exact title e.g. "Manufacturing Consent"
- Keyword - use this option if you do not know the exact title or series title, e.g. newspaper industry
- Modify / Limit the Search Results by Material Type - Videos
I've found a movie in the Shared Library Catalogue... How do I check it out?
- Note the following for each item:
- Location - identifies the library or resource centre where the item is held
- Call Number - standard number that will help you locate an item in the library
- Currently - indicates the loan status ie. if the item is "In library", or the due date if it is on loan
- If the movie you want is available go to the library and pick it up or click on the Request Item button to have the item delivered to your home library.
- You may recall a movie which is currently on loan.
As with all library material, movies are subject to recall.
I've found a movie in the Shared Library Catalogue... How am I assured of having it for a specific date?
From December 20th, 2015 until April 30th, 2016, Weldon and King’s libraries are testing a pilot service where users can reserve a movie for a classroom screening.
For movies found in the Shared Library Catalogue and held at other Western Libraries locations, please contact staff in those libraries.
What else do I need to know about showing movies in class?
There are copyright issues to consider when showing a movie in class.
Can I borrow/rent film equipment for classroom use?
Western Libraries does not provide equipment. However, Western University provides this service through their Classroom Management Group for main campus classrooms.
Can I view media in the Library?
Contact the Service Desk in each library to enquire about available equipment.