How Do I Use RACER
Watch our video on how to use RACER and Interlibrary Loan services
Register for RACER
- Western and Affiliated University College students, faculty and staff can use this service.
- First-time users: to create a RACER account, you need to complete the registration form.
Login to RACER
- Your Login is your Western ID number (student, faculty, staff)
- Your password is something you created.
- Select 'Western' as Your Library
Use Search Profiles
- You can search using a variety of profiles built into the system or you can create your very own profile
- To set up your own profile, follow the steps available here
Request books or copies of articles
- Use the default Advanced Search to search specific fields (e.g. Title, Author, ISBN, Subject Heading) or, alternately, select Standard Search for a simple keyword search.
- Enter your search terms and select Search. Tip: Do not abbreviate titles! Use quotation marks when searching a phrase (e.g. "gone with the wind").
- When you see the results of your search, select Details to verify that an item is the one you want.
- Select Get It for your desired item. Details will automatically transfer to a request form.
- Complete any blank required fields and select Request. Please request one item per form.
- To return to your results list, click Search Results. Tip: Do not use the browsers back button.
- If your search is not successful, use the Blank Request Form on the left side-bar.
- Sign Out from your account when finished.
- You will receive e-mail notification when your item arrives.