Celebrate Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Day alongside community leaders at this free, drop-in, interactive event. Not technical? That's okay, maps and mapping technology are more accessible now than ever before.
It's your chance to
- Escape into new virtual reality worlds
- Check out the latest drone technology
- Play with interactive maps and digital sandboxes
- Discover how to take advantage of mapping technology in your research, education, or for your next job interview
- Draw for a one of four gift cards to The Bookstore or Hospitality Services
Wrap up the day with geography themed trivia night at the Grad Club. You could win cash prizes. All are welcome!
Community presenters and displays
- Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
- OGSR Library
- City of London
- Department of Engineering, Northern Tornadoes Project
- Geography Peoples' Society (GPS)
- Department of Geography
- Esri Canada
|9:30 a.m.||Exhibits open|
|9:30 a.m.||Guided tour of the map collection|
|10:30 a.m.||Lightning Talks: Block 1|
|1:30 p.m.||Lightning Talks: Block 2|
|2:30 p.m.||GIS Demonstration (TBD)|
|3 p.m.||Guided tour of the map collection|
|7 p.m.||Trivia Event at the Grad Club|
Submit a Lightning Talk
How do you use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in your work? Share how you've mapped your research or work in a seven-minute lightning talk at GIS Day.
We invite talks from, faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, staff, community members and GIS professionals. We will select talks from a variety of groups that cover a range of topics to highlight the versatility of GIS.
Submit a 100-word proposal by Oct. 15. Proposals will be reviewed and selected by Oct. 21.
Look back at GIS Day 2018
Photo and Video Consent
Western Libraries will be shooting photos and video at this event that will be used for future promotional purposes related to Western Libraries, Western University, and our events. By attending this event, attendees consent to their image being used for such purposes. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Julie Kiser, 519-661-2111 x81441.