Published on October 29, 2018
Celebrate Geographic Information Systems Day alongside community leaders at this free, drop-in, interactive event. Not technical? That's okay, maps and mapping technology are more accessible now than ever before.
It's your chance to:
- Escape into new virtual reality worlds.
- Check out the latest drone technology.
- Play with interactive maps and digital sandboxes.
- Discover how to take advantage of mapping technology in your research, education, or for your next job interview.
- Draw for a one of four gift cards to The Bookstore or Hospitality Services.
Community presenters and displays
- Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
- OGSR Library
- City of London
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Engineering, Northern Tornadoes Project
- Department of Geography
- Esri Canada
- Geography Peoples' Society (GPS)
|10 a.m.||Event begins|
|10:30 a.m.||ArcGIS Pro Software Tour
Kathy Tang, Western Geography
|1 p.m.||Exploring Statistics Canada Data with the Beyond 20/20 Browser
Liz Hill, Western Libraries
|2 p.m.||Analytics and GIS: Back to the Future
Chris North, Esri Canada
|3 p.m.||London's Online GIS
Mark Boulger, City of London
|7 p.m.||Grad Club Trivia Event|