Group Study and Collaborative Learning
All current Western or affiliated University College students, faculty, and staff with a valid Western ID are eligible to book a study room for academic purposes only.
Find Group Study Space
Read booking information carefully - it varies by location. Click the "Info" button in the booking calendar for information about room capacity, technologies and facilities.
Walk-in rooms are first come first served.
The D.B. Weldon Library
Rooms 342, 441, 438H (Graduate Group Study - see staff for details), 541
Terms for use
- Library study rooms are solely for academic purposes directly related to a course or program at Western University and may not be booked on behalf of outside groups or organizations. Inquiries about campus room reservations for outside organizations can be made by contacting the Office of Institutional Planning and Budgeting at email@example.com.
- Western Libraries Learning and Food Zones apply to group study and collaborative learning spaces.
- Bookings are limited to a maximum of two hours per day.
- Rooms may be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Rooms not claimed within ten minutes of the booking time become available for others to use.
- Western University's Code of Student Conduct applies to all Western Libraries public spaces.
All Western Libraries locations offer individual study space on a first come first served basis.
The D.B. Weldon Library offers additional options for individual study:
- Assigned Research/Study Space for graduate students and faculty.
- Daily Research/Study Space - for graduate students.
- Short term individual study rooms - reserved for student registered with Services for Students with Disabilities.