The purpose of this two-day workshop (May 7 and 9) is to facilitate the design or redesign of a course that you will be teaching in the upcoming year. At the end of the workshop you will have completed the necessary steps to 1) create a course structure, 2) identify learning objectives, and 3) design learning activities to achieve those objectives.
Topics may include:
• Course and Instructional Objectives/Goals
• Universal Design for Course Construction
• Structuring an Effective Course
• Selecting Learning Activities
• Teaching Library Research Methods
• Team Teaching and Interdisciplinary Course Planning
• Preparing an Effective Course Syllabus
• Setting Course Policies
• Blended Learning: Using the web to enhance face-to-face instruction
• Matching Objectives to Assessment Methods
• Alternative Forms of Assessment
Enrollment in the workshop will be limited to 12 faculty members so that the course goals and topics can be tailored to the needs of the participants.
THIS PROGRAM IS RESTRICTED TO FULL AND PART-TIME FACULTY.
Return to Calendar