The Teaching Support Centre is offering a day of orientation activities for new faculty members (i.e, full-time, part-time, sessional faculty who have joined the university in the past 12 months).
- Who Are Our Western Students?
- Rules and Rhythm of the Academic Year
- Teaching Resource Fair and Complimentary Lunch
- Faculty Mentor Program (for tenure-track faculty)
- Roundtable Discussion: Support for part-time and sessional faculty
- What Do I Do Now? - Case Studies on Classroom Management
- Reflections/Advice from Veteran New Faculty
The Office of Faculty Recruitment and Retention will host a BBQ to welcome new academic members and their families to the Western community at 5:00 p.m. at Delaware Hall (located on corner of University Drive and Perth Drive). Parking will be available free of charge at the Talbot Parking lot.
THIS PROGRAM IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY. REGISTRATION IS RESTRICTED TO FULL AND PART-TIME FACULTY MEMBERS.