Morning Sessions: University Community Centre, Room 147
Afternoon Sessions: Support Services Building Room 4210
This all-day session will be an introduction to eLearning at Western and will offer a balance of practical information and hands-on learning. As a result of participating in this session, participants will:
1. Create a personal toolbox of eLearning supports and resources at Western;
2. Consider the ways OWL (online learning management system) can be used in course design and delivery;
3. Recognize the different ways in which eLearning can be used to support learner-centred teaching.
Topics may include:
*eLearning initiatives at Western
*Copyright Tips and Tricks
* Getting the Keys: An overview of the General Use (GU) classroom
* WHoo…WHoo…Who's new to OWL?: An introduction
* Beyond Discussion Boards: More sophisticated OWL tools
*ITRC (Instructional Technology Resource Centre) Showcase & tour
*Western’s Active Learning Space (WALS)
THIS SESSION IS FOR FACULTY WHO ARE NEW TO TEACHING. REGISTRATION IS RESTRICTED TO FULL AND PART-TIME FACULTY MEMBERS.