International graduate students (on student visas, landed, or permanent residents) who are new to teaching in Canada are invited to spend this half-day with colleagues from the Western teaching and learning community. We present a series of workshops and discussions including the following:
* Teaching in the Canadian classroom;
* Culture-shock - how to find support for those critical first few weeks in a new place;
* Cross-cultural balance - how to honour your home culture while enjoying things about a new culture;
* Finding a school-community at Western;
* Resources that support international TAs at Western.