How to Find Engineering Conference Proceedings
► Use the library catalogue at http://alpha.lib.uwo.ca/
Conduct a keyword search for the conference/meeting/symposium name
e.g. keyword search on “Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium Continuous Surface Mining”
If you can’t find the conference proceedings you are looking for using the citation information you have in hand, consider adding some synonyms, such as meeting or symposium or workshop after the keyword proceedings to broaden the search.
For example, if a keyword search on proceedings approximation online algorithm doesn’t give you the exact conference proceedings you are looking for, you may try searching (proceedings or workshop) approximation online algorithm instead.
On the Web of Science search interface:
- Change the Search Scope at the top to: Web of Science Core Collection.
- Under More Settings, check the box: Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S) 1990 – present, and uncheck all the others.
► For specific conference proceedings, such as
- ACM conference proceedings, search in ACM Digital Library
- IEEE Conference proceedings, search in IEEE Xplore
- SPIE conference proceedings, search in SPIE Digital Library
► Search in Google or Google Scholar for the conference title. Sometimes conference proceedings are freely available on the conference website.
► Use Interlibrary Loan services (RACER).