Taylor Library Virtual Tour
The Allyn & Betty Taylor Library serves the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Health Sciences and the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.
We are undergoing renovations again this spring & summer!
This summer will see the completion of our hugh renovations started last spring. We will continue with new flooring and lighting in the area near the front doors. A new desk will be installed just west of the front doors as a Student Community Zone to accomodate student groups and clubs activities throughout the school year. The security desk will also get renovated.
New flooring is going in on ground. All the study carrels are inaccessible. The Collaborative Learning Centre is still open and the media tables are bookable.
New flooring is also going in on Lower Ground. All the periodicals are being moved permanently to Stacks 1 & 2.
Our books have been shifted to Stacks 4-6. Check our Floor Plans for call number locations. Reference books remain on Stack 3 and periodicals on Stacks 1 & 2.
Keep up to date with what is going on with: student events, library instruction and workshops by checking out our Student Events Calendar.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Main (M) Floor:
- DIY [video]
- Self-Checkout to check books out, check books in and to renew your books
- Pick up books from other libraries from the holdshelf
- Pick up Interlibrary Loans articles from the holdshelf
- Pick up and check out reserves. These display as “TAY reserves 1DAY” in our catalogue.
- Book return is located in the hall outside of Einstein’s
- Circulation Help (borrowing books help)
- My Library Account help [link]
- Sign out chargers and adaptors. See what is available
- Purchase $1.00 and $5.00 PaperCut vouchers (print/copy cards)
- Pay library fines
- Lost & Found
- Obtain “Guest Access” login (non-Western affiliated)
- General inquires
- Express Print Access Computers: use to access/print documents quickly
- AODA Accessible PC: software available: Magnifier, Narrator, On Screen Keyboard, Zoom Text
- Two “Guest Access” computers: get an access login from the InfoDesk with appropriate ID
- Library computers available in the Kellogg Room
- Print/Copy/Scan Room
- Print/Copy/Scan– three machines (MFD’s) that print, copy and scan in colour or black and white are available
- Use the ‘Tap to Go’ feature on the MFD’s
- PaperCut Account: add funds to your account
- Research Help
- Kellogg Room is used for instructional sessions taught by Taylor librarians. Dates and times will be posted. Check our Events Calendar!
Ground (G) Floor:
- Collaborative Learning Centre:
- Conversation Friendly Zone
- Five media tables with multi view display screens
- Tables are bookable at: http://calendar.lib.uwo.ca/booking/taylor
- Twenty-two GenLab Computers with specialty software
- SciFinder Scholar
- VMWare Horizon View Client for connections to MyVlab
- Library carrels: Inaccessible Spring - Summer 2017
- For individual study space
- Silent Study Zone
Lower Ground (LG) Floor
- Silent Study Zone
- Library carrels for individual study space each with electrical hubs and lighting
- Location of journals with location code: “TAY periodical NO LOAN” Periodicals are moving to Stack 1 & 2
- Quiet Study Zone
- Tables for collaborative or quiet group work
- Large chairs for studying
- Location of books with location codes “TAY stack”
For more information on the Allyn & Betty Taylor library, visit our website: www.lib.uwo.ca/taylor
We hope to see you soon!
Email us with questions or suggestions on more Videos & How-Tos.