Taylor Library Virtual Tour
The Allyn & Betty Taylor Library serves the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Health Sciences and the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.
Renovations continue Fall 2017 on Lower Ground (LG) - CLOSED
Over the Summer 2017 new flooring and lighting was completed. A new desk has been installed just west of the front doors as a Student Community Zone to accomodate student groups and clubs activities throughout the school year. This space is bookable for student events throughout the year. The security desk has also been renovated.
New flooring and new paint has been completed on Ground. The Collaborative Learning Centre is open and the media tables are bookable.
New flooring is being installed on Lower Ground. All the periodicals have been moved permanently to Stacks 1 & 2.
Location of books and periodicals with the location codes 'Taylor Library Stack'. Check our Floor Plans. Reference books are on Stack 3.
Keep up to date with what is going on with: student events, library instruction and workshops by checking out our Student Events Calendar.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Main (M) Floor:
- DIY [video]
- Self-Checkout to check books out, check books in and to renew your books
- Pick up books from other libraries from the holdshelf
- Pick up Interlibrary Loans articles from the holdshelf
- Pick up and check out reserves. These display as “Taylor Library Main Floor Reserves- 1 Day Loan” in our catalogue.
- Return your books at the Self-Checkout unit when the library is open or to the book return located in the hall outside of Einstein’s after hours
- Circulation Help (borrowing books help)
- My Library Account help
- Sign out chargers and adaptors. See what is available
- Purchase $1.00 and $5.00 PaperCut vouchers (print/copy cards)
- Pay library fines
- Lost & Found
- Obtain “Guest Access” login (non-Western affiliated)
- General inquires
- Computers - All public library computers (except the "Guest Access" computers) have specialty software
- Express Print Access Computers: use to access/print documents quickly
- AODA Accessible PC: software available: Magnifier, Narrator, On Screen Keyboard, Zoom Text
- Two “Guest Access” computers: get an access login from the InfoDesk with appropriate ID
- Library computers available in the Kellogg Room
- Print/Copy/Scan Room
- Print/Copy/Scan– three machines (MFD’s) that print, copy and scan in colour or black and white are available
- Use the ‘Tap to Go’ feature on the MFD’s
- PaperCut Account: add funds to your account
- Research Help
- Kellogg Room is used for instructional sessions taught by Taylor librarians. Dates and times will be posted. Check our Events Calendar!
Ground (G) Floor:
- Collaborative Learning Centre:
- Library Carrels:
- For individual study space
- Silent Study Zone
Lower Ground (LG) Floor - CLOSED
- Renovations continue (Fall 2017)
- Quiet Study Zone
- Tables for collaborative or quiet group work
- Large chairs for studying
- Location of books and periodicals with location codes “Taylor Library Stack'.
For more information on the Allyn & Betty Taylor library, visit our website: www.lib.uwo.ca/taylor
We hope to see you soon!
Email us with questions or suggestions on more Videos & How-Tos.