Visitor Holds Pickup Service
Western and affiliated university college alumni, students and faculty from other academic institutions, and retired staff can request materials for holds pickup service.
How to request materials
Request print materials in our shared catalogue, Omni, for pick up at Western Libraries locations, Beryl Ivey Library at Brescia, Huron University College Library, or King’s University College Library.
After requesting materials for pickup, you will receive an email with instructions to pick up your item(s) within seven days.
Print items are typically loaned for 28 days with unlimited renewals. However, library staff reserve the right to recall items to support course readings or critical research needs.
Picking up materials
After placing your request in Omni, you will receive an email with pickup instructions. Please wait until you receive this email before you come to campus. We do our best to prepare your request in a timely manner and appreciate your patience.
Before coming to campus to pick up materials, all visitors must:
- Complete a daily symptom check (i.e., personal health attestation) through the Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 self-assessment;
- Agree to and comply with Western University’s health and safety measures; and
- Follow applicable provincial and local health and safety protocols, including quarantine requirements.
Visitors must also observe all Western University health and safety protocols while on campus, including wearing a three-layer, non-medical mask at all times inside library spaces.
For visitors picking up at Weldon Library:
- Have your Western ID and proof of COVID self-assessment ready.
- Confirm with staff at the library front entrance that you have items on hold and ready for pick up.
- Proceed to the second floor temporary service area.
- Find your materials on the self-serve shelving. Materials are sorted by patron surname.
- Sign out your materials using the self-check machine or ask library staff for assistance.
- After signing out, visitors are asked to immediately exit the library and depart campus.
If picking up materials at a different Western Libraries location, a similar process is followed.