Visitors to Western University are welcome to visit Western Libraries.
While on campus, you may:
- Most facilities and services at our eight campus Western Libraries and the Affiliated University College libraries (Brescia, Huron, King's) and St. Peter's Seminary
- search our Shared Library Catalogue
- Search hundreds of databases on campus. Remote access is not available.
On campus access is restricted for: Afternoon a Story, Cytoscape, Factiva, Law Digest, Patchwork Girl, SciFinder Scholar, Swill Pdb Viewer, Victory Garden
- Check out items with your Direct Borrower or Guest Borrower card.
Visitors are eligible to access the following:
- most online resources and the internet by presenting photo ID at any Western Libraries Service Desk to obtain a temporary username/password. This temporary login can be used on Sun Ray terminals at any Western Libraries location and is valid until the library closes on the day of issue.
- Western's wireless network through EduRoam if you are an eligible faculty, student or staff member with roaming wireless access through your home institution. Contact your institution's IT support team before visiting Western.
- resources with a location of “STORAGE- Use Request Item” or “STORAGE- Library Use Only.” Storage items take 2- 3 weekdays to be retrieved. Please contact staff or ask at any Western Libraries Service Desk.
- items in the Archives and Research Centre (ARCC) are non-circulating and may only be accessed in the ARCC Reading Room. Locate your item by searching:
Please contact the ARCC for further assistance.