Taylor fund codes and NLM Classification
|Fund(s)||Subject Areas (Old fund codes)||Classification||Notes|
||NLM/LC||*Follow Guidelines at bottom of page|
||LC||Biology previously split as NLM/LC it will now be catalogued as all LC|
||NLM||Health Sciences previously split as NLM/LC it will now be cataloged as NLM
*Kinesiology See specifications at bottom regarding NLM
NLM Classification for Taylor Library Materials
The following *NLM classes* are used for Taylor Library materials in pre-clinical and clinical areas:
The following LC classes are entirely or partially replaced with NLM Classes for Taylor Library Materials in pre-clinical and clinical subject areas:
- *QM* (Human anatomy) is replaced by *NLM Class QS*
- *QR* (Microbiology) is replaced by *NLM Class QW*
- *QD* (Chemistry) - for materials which seem chiefly biochemical or pharmaceutical in nature use *NLM class QU* or *QV*. This will likely affect the QD45-436 range only. Use QD for all other materials in Chemistry.
- *QL55; SF405.5-SF407.S97* for laboratory animals is replaced with *NLM Class QY 50-60* for materials on the care and clinical use of laboratory animals.
- *QP is to be used for *Animal physiology* only. For *"human physiology". Use NLM class QT*. For "*biochemistry",* use *NLM class QU*.
The following exceptions apply for Kinesiology titles:
- *RC1200-1245* covers sports medicine & physiology of sports needs to be classified as NLM
- *GV* class recreation et. al in LC can stay as LC - and the location code will be Weldon Library