Information for other libraries
Interlibrary Loans Lending Policy
This information is relevant for libraries wishing to borrow materials from Western Libraries and its Affiliated University College Libraries.
|IL SYMBOLS||ADDRESS||CONTACT NUMBERS|
NUC Code: CaOLU
OCLC Code:UWO (enter symbol twice)
Docline Code: ONCWAB
Western University - ILL
1201 Western Rd
Loading Dock 16B
phone: 519-661-2111 x87935
email: contact via email
Interlibrary Loans Lending Policy:
- Maximum 3-6 week loan with no renewals.
- All materials are subject to recall.
- $25 per filled transaction for all libraries.
- US and International Libraries must return material by trackable method.
- those that have been exempted by established reciprocal agreements.
- United States $25 (US)
- International $40 (US)
- This fee covers the loan of one title with a maximum of four volumes of reels or microfilm.
- Not available for loan: audio-visual, kits, reference, reserve material, special collections.
- Volumes not available for loan but copies of articles will be supplied.
- $25 per request.
- CISTI - $25.
- $5 charge applies for those that have been exempted by established reciprocal agreements.
- United States & International $25 (US) per filled transaction
- Will lend if a second copy is available.
- Will make a paper copy for $50 if not available from UMI Dissertation Publishing (ProQuest).
- Microfilming service is not available.
- Please note: some licensing agreements restrict the delivery of articles in electronic format
- All photocopying will conform to the Copyright Act.
Invoices are sent monthly. This includes public libraries, and hospitals. CAUL, OCUL, CARL, BCI, and COPPUL members are invoiced semi-annually. Cheques and money orders should be made payable to The University of Western Ontario. IFM billing is preferred for U.S. and International OCLC customers. IFLA vouchers are accepted for U.S. and International customers. Visa and Mastercard are accepted. Payments should be mailed to:
Western Libraries Business Office
The D.B. Weldon Library
1151 Richmond Street
London ON N6A 3K7
Please specify on your request form if special delivery is required. Loans sent in Canada by Canada Post are mailed at library rate. Access to some resources may be restricted and use of those resources reserved exclusively for the faculty, staff and students of the University and its immediate affiliates.
Revised June 2017