Get it @ Western not working
Get it @ Western is like a 'bridge' between many of our online databases and Western Libraries' online full text collections. It should tell you when the Library has access to the online "Full Text" version of an item, and it should take you from an online database to the online full text version of an item, when available. However, occasionally this bridge can have problems, and doesn't take you where expected.
When you click the Get it @ Western button and it does not take you to the full text, try the following:
- If Get it @ Western has taken you to a journal's web site, attempt to browse to the specific year, volume, issue (if applicable) and page number of the article or item in question. If that doesn't work...
- Use the "Also available online from" drop-down menu to attempt to access the full text from another provider.
- Search the Library Catalogue by Journal Title and determine if Get it @ Western is providing correct information regarding what we have online access to, and/or if there is access via another link in the Library Catalogue.
- If the Library Catalogue does not say that we have access to the year, volume and issue that you are after, tell us that Get it @ Western is providing false information. Include this statement along with the journal title, year, volume, issue, page number, and article title.
- If the Library Catalogue says we should have access to the year, volume and issue that you are after, follow the appropriate hyperlinks. If you still experience problems, tell us that you can't access something you should be able to access. Include this statement along with the journal title, year, volume, issue, page number, and article title.
We will attempt to fix the problem, whatever it is. We thank you for your assistance, and apologies for the inconvenience.