The Map and Data Centre provides access to Canadian as well as international data sources.
Of particular interest to students, researchers and faculty for research and teaching are the following resources. A data and statistics guide is also available.
- Ready to use facts derived from larger data sets
- If you need a fact or a number to support an argument
- Presented in tabular format
Sources of Canadian Statistics:
- Statistics Canada Data - best for quick searches
- CANSIM tables (Statistics Canada Data) through CHASS - this provides the same data in a form that makes it easier for bulk download
Statistics Canada Data Liberation Initiative (DLI) data resources, which includes a collection of Public Use Microdata Files (PUMF). PUMFs files can be downloaded at the following sites:
- Odesi Data Delivery System - has Statistics Canada Public Use Microdata Files (PUMFs), a large collection of public opinion polls, and other Canadian data files
- Nesstar Webview - Provides access to Statistics Canada PUMFs as well as documentation for the restricted data that can be accessed through our RDC.
- Research Data Centre - on campus access to Statistics Canada master data files for analysis. Access is by application only.
International Data Sources
- ICPSR Data - one of the world’s largest collections of international social science data.
- Roper Centre - Polling Data