Space Master Plan - Weldon Library Revitalization
Western Libraries provides learning and research environments that inspire and engage Western’s learners, teachers and researchers. Western Libraries’ spaces are a dynamic, intellectual and cultural hub for campus. Our libraries, in form and function, are a platform for learning, discovery, research, and community engagement.
The Western Libraries Space Master Plan provides a long-term road map for the transformation of our spaces and facilities for the 21st century – one that reflects your needs while offering the flexibility and resources for tomorrow’s students and researchers, too.
Student, faculty and staff consultations and engagement, along with an examination of future directions in research libraries, guided the development of the Space Master Plan. You told us you want more varied learning and study spaces, more natural light, more technology-enabled spaces, and more inspiring places to learn, collaborate, and research.
Weldon Library Revitalization
Over the next 2-3 years, Weldon Library will undergo a revitalization of some key spaces as part of the broader Space Master Plan.Image This...
- A Two-storey Learning Commons
- A Digital Scholarship Centre
- Enhanced spaces for community outreach and engagement
- Specialized teaching and learning spaces
- A Graduate Student Commons
- Increase and improve learning and research spaces, enabling new modes of scholarship and collaboration and inspiring learning and discovery.
- Increase access to natural light, improve wayfinding and introduce new space interconnections through architectural and design interventions.
- Provide community engagement space to enhance the library's role as the heart of campus.
- Provide staff space that functions well, supports new technologies and fosters collaboration.
Associate Chief Librarian, Western Libraries