Visiting Faculty, Students and Staff- Borrowing
Western Libraries and the Affiliated University College Libraries (Brescia, Huron, Kings) and St. Peter’s Seminary participate in the Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (CURBA), a resource sharing program with other Canadian university libraries. This agreement allows visiting faculty, students and staff to borrow in person at any of the Western Libraries.
To borrow at any Service Desk:
- present your valid university ID card. If your university has not issued an ID card, you must provide proof of registration
- complete an Application for Direct Borrowing Privileges.
Borrowing privileges will expire August 31 of the current academic year.
- borrow regular loan items for 14 days from any of the Western Libraries and the Affiliated University Colleges Libraries
- borrow a maximum of 5 items at the same time
- renew items once.
You may not:
- borrow reserve or short loan items
- recall items from other users
- request extended loans
- use Westen Libraries' Interlibrary Loans service.
You are not permitted to recall items, but items you have borrowed may be recalled:
- you will be notified by email, text/SMS alert, or mail when an item you have borrowed has been recalled
- recalled items must be returned by the date specified on the recall notice to avoid overdue daily fines.
You are assured of at least seven days use of the recalled item before it must be returned.
You may renew items online through My Library Account or in person at any Service Desk.
More information here.
Fines and Suspensions
Suspension of borrowing privileges occurs when any loaned item becomes overdue or you have over $5.00 in fines.
More information here.
Items may be returned to any of the Western Libraries or Affiliated University College Libraries.
You may return items to any Canadian university that participates in the Canadian Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement. These items will be returned to Western University. The date these items return to Western is not guaranteed.
Recalled items must be returned to Western by the recall due date.
For an overview of Western Libraries borrowing policies and procedures, click here.
For more detail see the Access Code for Western Libraries.