On Campus Research
Visitors to Western University are welcome to visit Western Libraries.
While on campus, you may:
- Use most facilities and services at Western Libraries locations and the Affiliated University College libraries (Brescia, Huron, King's) and St. Peter's Seminary
- create a PaperCut guest account to print, copy and scan
- search the Shared Library Catalogue
- Check out items with your Direct Borrower or Guest Borrower card.
Visitors may access:
- most online resources and the internet by presenting photo ID at any Western Libraries Service Desk to obtain a temporary username/password. This temporary login can be used on "Guest" terminals at any Western Libraries location and is valid until the library closes on the day of issue.
- Western's wireless network on your mobile device or laptop with eduroam if you are a faculty, student or staff member with internet access through your home institution. Contact your institution's IT support team before visiting Western. View Canadian eduroam partner institutions.
- resources with a location of "STORAGE- Use Request Item" or "STORAGE- Library Use Only". Storage items take 2- 3 weekdays to be retrieved. Please contact staff or ask at any Western Libraries Service Desk.
- items in the Archives and Research Centre (ARCC), which are non-circulating and may be accessed in the ARCC Reading Room when you visit. Find out more information about visiting the archives.