About the Collection
The D.B. Weldon Library supports the faculties of Arts & Humanities, Information & Media Studies, and Social Science.
- print books and periodicals
- research materials in microfiche and microfilm format that can be used in the library
- a full array of bibliographic databases
- primary source collections in digital format, such as: State Papers Online, 1509-1782; Artstor Digital Library; and Eighteenth Century Collections Online
The D.B. Weldon Library's physical collection includes City of London government documents, material related to First Nations Studies, and works by local poets.
Weldon Library also houses a large collection of research material including:
- an extensive array of historical Southwestern Ontario newspapers published in London and the surrounding area
- major Canadian and international newspapers
- Canadian government publications included in the Canadian Research Index Microlog collection
- specialized subject collections including Early English Newspapers, Early British Periodicals, and American Periodicals Series I (1741-1800) and Series II (1800-1850)
- the Oregon Physical Education Thesis Collection, including masters and doctoral theses from across the United States on the subjects of health, physical education, and recreation