The Music Special Collections are world-class and are currently located in Western Libraries' Archives and Research Collections Centre (ARCC).
The following is a list of our special collections. For more information about each collection, please click on the links below.
- The Gustav Mahler - Alfred Rosé Collection
- The Opera Collection
- The Metastasio Collection
- The Thomas Baker Collection
- The Cherubini Collection
- The Drs. James & Margaret Whitby Collections
- Cobbett Chamber Music Collection
- Louis Achille Delaquerrière Album
- Bach Arias for Obbligato Instruments
Accessing Special Collections
To access items from the special collections, please contact the Music Library staff. We will make viewing arrangements. Please note that due to the fragile condition and rarity of items in our special collections, individuals may need to view the items at the ARCC, located in The D.B. Weldon Library.
The Music Library holds significant microform collections. A guide and listing to the major microfilm series we hold is available.
Note: Please be sure to scroll-down to view the entire page to ascertain whether there is an online guide for your desired collection. This can save you a great deal of research time.